Quote of the Week

"If I picked a rose for everytime I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime!" -anonymous

Monday, May 21, 2012

Looking Back

8 more school days and I have made it through my Junior year!! Some said it would be the hardest year yet... They were absolutely right! It was a rough one, but I have learned a lot.


At the beginning of the new year, I made some goals and I have achieved them. One of them was doing things for me and doing things that made me happy. I have changed my friend group for the better. I'm happier and I don't have to worry what others think of me. Yeah sure I'll miss those friends, but the news ones I have made, will be the ones that will always be by my side. I have made so many memories and I can't wait to make more. Love them!!

I ended up trying out for cheer again. This was one of the biggest decisions of my life. I originally wasn't going to. I wanted to just relax and hangout with my family my senior year. I prayed and waited for my answer, but never seemed to get one. Looking back though, I was just too stubborn to notice them. I ran for student body president and lost by a few votes. Ran for sbo appointed office and still didn't get in. I was so upset and confused of what I was suppose to do next year. The first day of clinics, my coaches put me in the back of the gym behind all of the girls. As we were stretching, I got a very calm feeling and the thought came to my head that I needs to be here for these girls. For whatever reason, I'm suppose to be a leader and example to them. These series of events where answers in disguise. I am now cheer captain or next year. I am in charge of 17 other girls and making sure they are safe and protected. That's my job. Being a leader. The school year hasn't even started for next year and I can already tell it is going to be a long one. I know I am going to be blessed and I will have a ton of support from family and friends. I am excited! :) we are going to be one incredible squad!


My very best friend tells me all the time that things happen for a reason. He's right. No matter what it is, it happens for a reason. Just put a smile on your face, and endure to the end! :) I am so grateful for the friends I have in my life now. They are incredible and I love them all!! Can't wait for next year! It's going to be a blast!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment