Quote of the Week

"If I picked a rose for everytime I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime!" -anonymous

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home...

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'home?' Is it your bedroom? Your house? The mountains? What is it? Well mine is Ogden. Ogden was were I grew up and I miss it so bad. Even still after living in Syracuse for 5 years. This last saturday, I went to one of my really good friend's birthday party. I wasn't originally going to go, but I kept getting a feeling like I needed to go. I headed out there and was very thankful for going. I kind of just needed to get away for a weekend, and Ogden was the place for me. I knew about 3 people there out of 30 people. Even then though.... In the crowd of 30 people that I didn't know... I still felt more at 'home' then I do here at syracuse around my friends. I don't know what it was about it, but it was amazing.
We went to a park and it started to down-pour on us. We were all soaking wet. When the rain started to calm down, I took a step back from the crowd that surrounded me. I looked up at the mountains that covered the whole horizon. There in the sky were 2 rainbows that reached all the way across. I just stood there frozen, looking at the rainbows. Two simple words came into my mind.
"I'm Home..."
I wish everyday of my life that I could go back. I can't though. I wouldn't be clogging like I am, or in the amazing band program at the highschool. I wouldn't be nearly where I am today if we hadn't have moved. Still though... everytime I go back that warm fuzzy feeling overwhelmes inside of me, and I know I am home. It will always be my... home.

No comments:

Post a Comment