Quote of the Week

"If I picked a rose for everytime I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime!" -anonymous

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Gut Feeling

This weekend has been one heck of a weekend!! Got my wisdom teeth out on friday and it has been miserable. I have a story that goes with the teeth, but I will tell that later! Okay so I have a story, well more like an experience that happened to me thursday evening.
This past thursday, I had a workshop for Miss Utah Outstanding Teen. We learned about wardrobe, interviewing, and how to walk. Yes I am 16 years old... and I am still being taught how to walk. Something hit me at the workshop. There were dresses that we could try on, and I wanted to try on this red one. The wednesday before, my mom purchased a dress for me and it was beautiful! Cream, unique, and it fit me like a glove. When I tried that one on though, I thought, "oh... this is cute! I guess I like it." We went with some friends to try the cream one on and they LOVED it! They said I looked amazing, and that it was the dress for me. I didn't think so, but I thought, "Heck... they know what is right and what is wrong... I will just listen to them, even if I don't love it." Well I was wrong... on thursday, I tried on that red dress, and it was like a slap in the face. This was the dress. This was the one that I will be wearing on September 30th for MUOT. I put it on and I felt unstoppable. Like nothing could touch me, and that I was the prettiest girl on the earth. I should have listened to my gut feeling in the first place though. Because now I have 2 extra dresses that I may not wear for awhile. Yeah I will wear them for dances maybe, and probably for meet and greets, but I could have done without all of the hasseling and dress shopping. Always go with your gut feeling. No matter what it is. I learned something that night. YOU are the only one that knows how you feel inside. Not your mom, or your friends, it's YOU. Dont' let others change your mind about your values, or decisions. You are yourself and Heavenly Father made you this way for a reason. Who gives a heck what others think. Be strong, and proud of who you are. Follow that gut feeling... always. Even when you think it may be wrong, it's probably right.
Okay, now for the story about my teeth. Friday night was one of the worst nights of my life. I couldn't keep anything down, and I just kept throwing up like every other hour. I was talking to my friend about how much pain I was in, and I just wished it would stop. He told me something that night that will change my perspective for my whole life. He sent me this wonderful text message.
"...Just know this though, when I got my wisdom
teeth out, I was in a ton of pain too. But what got me through
was knowhing that Christ suffered for that pain for me.
He knew exactly how I felt and that brought me comfort
and helped ease the pain. :)"
Total eye opener. I have never thought of it that way before, but he is so right. Christ knows what is going on in our lifes, and everything is going to be okay. No matter what the situation is. If boys are being retarded and they are ruining your life, it's okay. HE knows and he is always there to comfort you. If you are struggling with school or family, HE knows and you can always go to him. He is just a simple prayer away. This friend of mine, is Landon Greenhalgh. Thank you Landon for everything you've done for me!! :) You are amazing and such a huge example in my lfie! Thanks again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment