Quote of the Week

"If I picked a rose for everytime I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime!" -anonymous

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hold On

"So hold on to me tight, hold on, I promise it'll be alright
'Cause we are stronger here together than we could ever be alone
Just hold on to me, don't you ever let me go
Hold on to me, it's gonna be alright, hold on to me tonight."
-Micheal Buble "Hold On"
This song has helped me through so many hard times in my life. This week has been the hardest and toughest week of my life. It is finals week, and everything else just happened to pile up top of that. I had band concerts this week, pageant rehearsals, cheer fundraiser, I haven't had any time for just me. This week was where I couldn't take the stress anymore. Today was the day I exploded. I had a intro to health test today, and if you got over 80% you got on A on the test. I got a 77%. I studied, and studied, but with everything else that is going on, I just couldn't do it. I didn't spend as much time studying for this test as I wish I could have. I know 77% isn't bad! But, now... I can't get that 4.0 that I've worked so hard for all term long. When I saw my score, that was the cherry ontop of the sundae of stress in my life. That cherry was just enough to take me overboard. The rest of the day, I was a complete mess. Couldn't talk to anyone, just lost all drive to do anything else. I sat down in my chair, and it took every single ounce of energy I had in me, not to just ball my eyes out right then and there. All day long, I had to hold back the tears. Today was a horrible day. One of my really good friends was really sweet about it though. He came over to me and put his arm around me and said, "Hey... it's gonna be alright! Things happen for a reason, and it's gonna be okay!!" This friend of mine is amazing and I don't know what I'd do without him in my life. But he is right, it's gonna be okay, and things do happen for a reason. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing, I just have to keep the faith that I have and trust him, that things are going to be alright.
The song at the top is amazing. Everytime I listen to it, I just cry. Everytime. I came home today from a band concert, and started doing some homework while listening to music. That particular song just happened to come on. I immeditely stopped what I was doing, and just balled and balled. Haha! I'm a mess! :) But it made me realize something. Hold on.. it's gonna be alright. The first lyrics of the song say:
"...and in the end, when life has got you down, you've got someone here you can wrap your arms around."
I learned a huge lesson today. I have so many family and friends that I can go to for support or comfort. I could name a thousand. I just haven't opened my eyes enough to see that. I've been too busy with everything else I'm doing, I haven't taken that glimpse. Maybe it is time for me to let something go... I can't do everything anymore. It's making me so stressed and overwhelmed, that I am forgetting the things that really matter in life. I have to stay strong though because..."It's gonna be alright, just hold on." I know that if I wrap my arms around my family and my Heavenly Father, I'm gonna be alright. I just gotta hold tight.

3 comments:

  1. Emily!
    I love you, girl!
    Everything happens for a reason, and it all gets better! Just know we are all here for you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're inspiring to me(: I love youuu!
    -Bridgey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I couldn't have done it without you two in my life. Thank you so much for being there pushing me through the hard times. Love you both so much! :)

    ReplyDelete