Quote of the Week

"If I picked a rose for everytime I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime!" -anonymous

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

YaGottaWanna

Have you ever gotten something that you didn't have to work for? Really think about it. School? Have you gotten that perfect 4.0 by just going to class and sitting in that uncomfortable chair? I'm assuming the answer is no. If you have though, please let me know!! :) Anyway, the point I am trying to get across, is that you have to work for things that you want... "YaGottaWanna." In my band class at school, we have that saying at the front of the room. It is always the first thing I look at before I begin playing. "YaGottaWanna" has taught me a lot of things. My wonderful band teacher, Mr. Wayman, has drilled it in our heads that you can't get things in life by doing nothing. If you want something so bad, go out there and get it for yourself! have that self-determination and drive, that you will succeed and accomplish that goal. Let NOTHING get in your way...
I had our last band concert tonight. We performed every well! The reason why, is because we all had that attitude of "YaGottaWanna" in our heads. We were focused and ready to play. There wasn't one thing that was going to get in our way from playing like a college band. It was amazing. The focus that everyone had while playing onstage was unreal. You could like feel it expanding out from the people sitting next to you.
All in all, "YaGottaWanna!" No matter what it is. Maybe you want to be able to wake up on time, achieve that 4.0 GPA, or maybe you just want to become the next president! Don't just sit there and expect it to happen. Push yourself and see what amazing things happen you'll do because you have the confidence, and determination in yourself. "YaGottaWanna" first!... and you'll achieve second.

No comments:

Post a Comment